You may remember my post from last year on World Kidney Day 2010. It was one of my first personal (non review/giveaway) posts on Laughing Lindsay. Since it is something that is close to my heart, I felt the need to share it with you again.
Today (March 10th) is World Kidney Day! Below is a short PSA for World Kidney Day.
I thought it was cute. Also, in case you were wondering what you could do to reduce your risk of kidney disease and heart disease, here are some tips to help you.
Healthy lifestyle choices can help to improve your overall health and thereby lower your risk of kidney disease and heart disease. The
following healthy lifestyle choices are a great way to start:
• Don’t smoke! If you smoke, quitting now is the most important
step you can take for your heart health!
• Maintain a healthy blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar
• Maintain a healthy weight. Check with your doctor to learn more
about body mass index and to find out what’s right for you.
• Eat a healthy diet. Avoid saturated fats and excess salt.
• Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep hydrated, but only drink
alcohol in moderation.
• Try to get 30 mins of exercise, 4 to 5 times a week. Just a half-hour
of walking each day will make a big difference!
Just curious, have any of you been affected by kidney disease or failure? What do you do to try to prevent kidney/heart disease?