For the cupcake event, I tried to find as many different cupcake books at possible. One of the more unique ones I found was Gluten-Free Cupcakes by Elana Amsterdam. What makes this one different is that it contains 50 recipes that are made with almond and coconut flour. This means they are gluten-free, which is great for people with a gluten allergy or have celiac disease. Yay! I’m all for great cupcakes for everyone!
The book has classic cupcake recipes (like vanilla and chocolate), fruity cupcakes, and special occasion cupcakes. Then, it has recipes for the frostings. So, it makes it really easy to mix and match cupcakes with frostings. There are also recipes for gluten-free muffins. I like how the book begins with tips on using the equipment for baking gluten-free. It also provides details on the ingredients used.
This is definitely a wonderful book. I must admit, I was surprised by all of the options and flavors available in the book. Elana really did her homework with this book. It’s got a cupcake for everyone. Some of the recipes are even vegan and dairy-free. So, she helps people with all sorts of dietary restrictions enjoy cupcakes – something I can support.
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
One reader will win a copy of Gluten-Free Cupcakes.
To enter: Tell me why you would like to win this book.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, Google Buzz, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done.
3. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
4. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
5. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
6. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.)
7. Add the Cupcake Event button to your blog.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to lower 48 US residents only.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of the book. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.