It’s important to find the perfect gift for someone. However, it’s also important to help out those less fortunate, especially near the holidays. So, I was really happy to feature World Vision in this year’s gift guide. World Vision allows you to make donations to charitable causes. You can help out by purchasing things in their catalog.
The catalog has nearly 250 items ranging from $16 to $39,000 that help children and families in need. Included in the catalog this year are several items that foodies on everyone’s gift list might enjoy such as:
* Two chickens that provide a daily supply of eggs (with plenty of protein and 13 essential vitamins and minerals) – $25
* Feed a family in the US for a day with a Family Food Kit which includes nutritious meals like oatmeal, lentil soup or pasta, and a bean and rice casserole – $16
* Ten fruit trees such as apple trees, orange trees, and mango trees provide the vitamins and nutrients growing kids need – $60
* A dairy cow that can give as much as 5,000 gallons of milk in its lifetime – $500
In addition to simply donating things, you can purchase gifts that arrive at your house while a portion of the proceeds goes to help out others. One such example is the Fair Trade Coffee Set. At $50, you get to receive a lovely coffee set with 12 oz. of coffee, a hand-carved olivewood scoop (which is made to benefit over 200 orphans of the Kamba tribe), in a gift bag of African fabric hand-sewn by local women. So, you can get some delicious coffee and help by donating. I think it’s a terrific idea!
Now, one of my lucky readers will win a coffee set from World Vision.
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
A lucky Laughing Lindsay reader will win their own coffee gift set from World Vision.
To enter: Tell me why you would like to win the coffee gift set.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, Google Buzz, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done. One Tweet allowed per person.
3. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
4. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
5. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
6. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.)
7. Add the holiday gift guide button to your blog (leave blog link).
Giveaway ends on December 13th at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to US residents only
Disclosure: I received a coffee gift set for free. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.