As you may or may not know, my dad is (and has been for years) in bad health. He is legally blind, so he requires extra help from me and my mother from time to time. So, technically we would be considered family caregivers (I suppose). This newest book from Chicken Soup is on just that. It’s actually even called Family Caregivers. It features 101 stories of love, sacrifice, and bonding.
This book has several great stories and topics. I like the chapter that concentrates on maintaining a sense of humor. My dad manages to make me laugh all of the time. I can’t help but be amazed at how he has kept this sense of humor through everything. However, he sometimes mentions that he laughs to keep from crying. So, I guess laughter is a good way of dealing with the ups and downs of being sick.
This book contains many topics that are relevant to me and other people with sick family members. It’s obvious that Joan Lunden and Amy Newmark have experience with this sort of thing since they have created the book in a very logical manner that is meaningful and helpful.
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
Three Laughing Lindsay readers will win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Caregivers.
To enter: Tell me why you would like to win this book.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, Google Buzz, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done.
3. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
4. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
5. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
6. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.).
Giveaway ends on May 14th at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to US & CA residents only.
Disclosure: I received a free book. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.