Now that it’s officially summer and July 4th is quickly approaching, it is the perfect time for a cookout. However, according to a recent Procter & Gamble (P&G) survey, only 25 percent of consumers clean their grills and only 20 percent of consumers clean their outdoor furniture. Yet keeping them cleaned can help them last longer. So, here are a few tips for getting your outdoor area ready for entertaining:
* Maintain Your Outdoor Furniture – Keep it looking good all summer
* Inspect your Deck – Give it good once over – check for loose nails, bricks, cracked concrete
* Remove the Clutter – Clean up, power wash, remove unnecessary items/debris.
* Accessorize – Add in the little touches (i.e., plants, outdoor lighting, lanterns, centerpiece)
* Clean your Grill – Give your grill a clean start this season.
Did you know that P&G actually makes products to help us clean our outside furniture? I didn’t know that until recently, but I am glad to have discovered it. They make Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray and Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser. I already use Mr. Clean in our bathroom and I love the Mr. Clean Eraser. So, it thrills me to be able to use these products outside now. It just makes sense to trust the companies I use for the inside of my home to get the outside clean too. Plus, these items (in addition to Bounty Paper Towels) can be conveniently found at the local Home Depot. So, if you stop for some outdoor furniture or decor, then you can pick up some cleaning supplies too.
To get a lucky reader ready for entertaining outdoors, I have a great P&G Home Depot prize package to giveaway. The awesome prize package is pictured above and it contains everything you need to clean your outdoor furniture or grill. So, enter below.
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
One Laughing Lindsay reader will win a Home Depot/P&G prize package consisting of a full-size bottle of Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray ($3.97 retail value), Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser ($9.97 retail value), one Bounty Paper Towels Roll ($1.97 retail value) and a custom LeatherCraft 2-pocket natural colored canvas The Home Depot apron (.77 retail value).
To enter: Tell me why you would like to win this prize package in a comment.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done. One Tweet allowed per person.
3. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
4. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
5. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
6. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.).
Giveaway ends on July 12th at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: I received a free P&G Home Depot prize package. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.