How can it be mid-October already? I really feel like it was just August yesterday. Nonetheless, we are quickly approaching November. November 4th is going to be a great day. We get an extra hour of sleep and it’s my birthday. Talk about a great gift. Actually, it’s because we will be changing our clocks back from Daylight Savings Time. Oh, well, I’ll take extra sleep for whatever reason. To correspond with the changing of our clocks, Energizer is at it again to encourage us to be safe. For the 25th year, they are doing their Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program.
Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes. Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries. (Fire statistics were obtained from reports by the Fire Analysis and Research Division of the National Fire Protection Association.)
You can find out more information about this initiative and enter a sweet contest on the Energizer Bunny Facebook page. They are giving away a large Energizer Family Safety Kit everyday that is worth $150. It would be the perfect time to stock up on flashlights and batteries. Plus, it contains a cool Plush Energizer Bunny and the wonderful Energizer Flameless Wax Candle that I reviewed last month. Additionally, Energizer is so awesome that they are allowing me to giveaway a nice (yet smaller) Family Safety Kit. Look at what all you can win!
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
One Laughing Lindsay reader will win a Family Safety Kit from Energizer consisting of:
* a reusable grocery tote
* Two packages of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
* One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
* One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
* One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
To enter: Tell me what you do to remind yourself to change your clocks (and batteries) when the time changes.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done. One Tweet allowed per person.
3. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
4. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
5. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.).
Giveaway ends on November 1st at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: I received a free Family Safety Kit. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.