Today, I’m headed to Reviewer’s Retreat. In fact, by the time this post goes live, I should be well on my way to Pine Mountain, Georgia. I figured I shouldn’t post something that I needed to report a link to someone on immediately. Then, I remembered that I shared a picture of the chocolate marshmallow caramel cupcakes I made on social media the other week. Since they are ridiculously easy to make, I thought I’d share the recipe with you. Also, please note, this is not a sponsored post. My mom purchased the supplies for these cupcakes and I thought up the combination because I thought it would be good.
This whole thing came about because my mom loves caramel. As such, she made a point to buy a caramel cake mix and some caramel Duncan Hines Frosting Creations after learning about them. Then, she told me about them and then walked away. Haha! I took it to mean she wanted some caramel cupcakes. However, I decided to be more creative with them. I used the Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting Creations flavor packet we had on hand and created these things.
- Duncan Hines Signature Caramel Cake Mix
- 1⅓ Cups Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Marshmallow Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine the cake mix and ingredients (water, oil, and eggs) according to the box’s directions.
- Place cupcake wrappers into a muffin tin. Then, pour the batter into the cups and bake following the box’s instructions.
- Remove the cupcakes and allow them to cool. Open the can of Frosting Starter and pour the packet of chocolate marshmallow flavor mix into it. Stir it up.
- Frost the cupcakes.
See how easy that is? Now, I will say that I actually used 2 cans of frosting and 2 packets of flavor mix to frost all of the cupcakes. I did half of them in chocolate marshmallow for me and half in caramel for mom. She really liked the caramel on caramel cupcakes. I (along with my boyfriend and his family) enjoyed the chocolate marshmallow caramel cupcakes. So, what do you think of my concoction? Would you try it?