Since I am attending more blogging conferences here lately, I’ve found myself having to explain why I attend them. So, I thought I would do a post on 5 reasons why you should attend a blogger conference. That way, people will understand why I go to them now and they can decided if going to a blogger conference is right for them.
Why You Should Attend a Blogger Conference
Now, of course, I know that not everyone will enjoy a blog conference. However, these are the reasons why you should attend a blogger conference, based on my own experiences at a couple of different ones. My opinion may change after I attend the largest one in a couple of weeks, but these are the reasons I would give for attending one now.
- To network. I’ve made some contacts with various company reps at conferences. One ended up being an actual relationship with a cause (Shot@Life). Mostly, it’s been some reviews. However, they have all been for products I enjoy.
- To connect with other bloggers. I’ve made some great, lasting friendships with other bloggers while attending blogger conferences. I truly value these friendships and I will attend a blogging conference, just to see their faces again.
- To have fun. I won’t lie here, I like to have some fun. I’m not saying it’s a constant party, but who doesn’t need/want a little down time? I love the opportunity to attend a cocktail party while dressing up for a few hours. Plus, there’s usually good food there.
- To learn. Some conferences are better than others for this. Nonetheless, I always try to learn at least one new thing at every conference. That may come from an actual conference session or little chats with my blogging buds outside the conference. Either way, it’s always good to learn something new.
- To get the 411 on new products. I’m also being real honest here. I love a little swag (who doesn’t). It’s definitely not the main reason I go. In fact, I was hesitant to even add it to the list. However, I truly do enjoy learning about a new product that I (or my readers) will enjoy. I mean why else would companies agree to sponsor blogger conferences if they didn’t have an awesome product/brand they wanted us to talk about?
So, that’s why you should attend a blogger conference. What do you think of my own reasons for attending a blogging conference? Why do you attend them?