Did you know that today is the first day of autumn? When I noticed that it was, I knew that I had to share the top 5 things I love about fall where I live (in the Appalachian Mountains in Southwestern Virginia).
What I Love About Fall
Truth be told, I hadn’t realized until the past couple of years that I truly love where I live. I think it took me going away for a semester of college to see what I had taken for granted wasn’t found elsewhere. Plus, my boyfriend has a natural love for fall. So, he’s definitely helped me learn to appreciate these things even more. In celebration of the new season, I thought I’d share the 5 things I love about fall.
- The fall foliage. One of the things I adore most about living in southwestern Virginia is the scenery and its mountains. I took the picture above in a nearby county recently and thought it looked so peaceful. I can’t wait for the leafs to begin changing colors… I’m sure that area will look even more beautiful by this time next month.
- Cool weather. I don’t deal well with the hot days of summer. Bugs love me and the sun hates me. So, I’m glad to be done with that season. I like the cooler temperatures of autumn.
- It’s back to school. Back to school and autumn are often one and the same. For me, fall means back to work and interview season. So, I like that aspect.
- Pumpkins. About this time ever year, pumpkins start popping up everywhere. They can be seen in fields nearby, at the store, and the orchards. I love the smell and taste of pumpkin foods. It’s definitely one of my most favorite aspects of fall.
- Food. This one kind of goes with pumpkins. However, it also includes all things apple. Yum! Let’s not forget pears either though. Autumn is just full of good food.
As you can see, there are lots of things I love about fall. From the beautiful scenery, wonderful smells, and delightful treats, it’s a pretty great season here in Virginia. What is your favorite season or favorite thing about fall?