When I first went to Reviewer’s Retreat, I was surprised to discover that people exchange gifts at blogging conferences. All of my fabulous roomies gave me a small token to remember them by. Sadly, since I didn’t know about this idea, I didn’t take them one. However, after that, I’ve been better prepared. I promised myself I wouldn’t show up and feel awkward when everyone else is exchanging gifts again. I proudly took these beauties to Reviewer’s Retreat a few weeks ago and felt accomplished. Now, I’ve got some goodies for my BlogHer roommates as well. However, I’m not going to show you a picture of those just yet. So, here are my ideas for blog conference roommmate gifts.
Conference Roommate Gifts
Here is a list of items that I either gave as blog conference roommate gifts already or will give to mine this week at BlogHer. When looking for conference roommmate gifts, I try to go with things I think people might forget to bring and will need or things I think are neat and useful (based on the conference).
- Pedicure kit or at least a nail file, you don’t want to shake hands with someone who has a hangnail.
- Lint Roller (pictured above) – I got some fabulous travel sized ones at Target for about $1.
- Lip Balm (also in the picture) – I picked up some great green apple Chapstick for each of the roomies at RevRet. They were a hit. In fact, my roommate Kayla mentioned it in her what to take to a blog conference post. I know that conference rooms can dry out your skin. So, these are great for those instances.
- Gum – for fresh breath.
- Mixed CD – Now, this one I’ve never actually done. However, I think it’s a great idea if you already know your roommate. It can be the soundtrack to your weekend.
- Notebook and pen for taking notes.
- Card – I actually added one to each of the bags after I took the picture. It was a great way to personalize the gifts as I wrote something just for each roommate.
- Hand Sanitizer – I loved the travel-sized Purell Hand Sanitizer I reviewed earlier this summer. So, I actually gave some to my roomies.
- Tissues – I also gave the roommates a travel size package of Kleenex tissues. They are great for when you end up sitting next to the air conditioner in a session.
- Snacks – Sometimes, a granola bar is the perfect thing for a quick snack between sessions.
- Hand lotion – this is for the same reason as the lip balm.
- Hole puncher and binder/book ring. This so people can collect business cards and keep them together. You simply punch a hole in the cards and put them on the ring. Then, you can keep them together easily.
- Candle – because who doesn’t love a good scented candle?
So, what do you think of my list of ideas for blog conference roommate gifts? Would you be happy to have received any of these items? What do you like to give/receive as roommate gifts?