Last month, I shared the Epic movie activity sheets with you and told you to be on the lookout for a giveaway for the title. Well, the wait is over. Today, I want to share some healthy recipes from the Leafman Cookbook and you can enter to win a copy of this movie below!
Part of being a Fox Home Entertainment Insider is getting to share unique things with you on the upcoming Fox titles (Disclosure: I will be receiving a free copy of the Epic movie). So, today I wanted to take a moment to remind you that Epic is coming to DVD on August 20th. In the movie, the Leafmen are always busy trying to fight against the forces of evil, but they need healthy foods to keep them running! Take a tip from them and make snacks for your little ones that use natural ingredients like fruits and vegetables. These recipes are as fun to make as they are to eat and they’re perfect for little Leafmen! Take a look at these deliciously healthy recipes as you prepare for the Epic movie release!
- Fruit Kabobs – Fruit kabobs are a simple way to give your kids the nutrients they need. Make it even more fun by cutting the fruit into fun shapes and whipping up a yogurt dip. The kids will love to help put the fruit on the skewers!
- Apple Sandwiches – Make a sandwich without the bread! Remove the core from an apple and then slice it to make the ends of your sandwich. You can fill it with peanut butter and mix with granola or raisins. For an extra special treat put marshmallows or chocolate chips in the center!
- Miniature Pizzas – Bake up some miniature pizzas on English muffins. Be sure to include lots of veggies as the toppings! Let your kids decorate their own personal pizza for a fun night in. They can make faces or designs with the toppings.
- Butterfly Celery – You can really get into the Epic sprit with this one! Celebrate nature with butterfly celery snacks. Fill your celery stalk with cream cheese or peanut butter then create wings and antenna with pretzels, and line the body with raisins or peanuts. These treats are not only fun to play with, but delicious and nutritious!
- Banana Roll-ups – Spread some peanut butter on a wrap and then roll up a banana inside for a quick and easy sandwich on the go. You can add jelly into the mix or leave it simple and speedy. Either way, this is a healthy treat the kids are sure to enjoy!
Yum! Don’t those sound tasty? Are you interested in watching the Epic movie now?