As you know, I think everyone should be able to enjoy cupcakes, regardless of dietary restrictions. I also like baking to be explained in an easy to understand way. The Complete Idiot’s Guide brand of books is known for their simple instructions and helpful tips.
A new guide came out in April. It is called The Guide to Vegan Baking by Donna Diegel. It has 120 recipes for breads, cookies, and all sorts of baked goods. This includes cakes and cupcake recipes! There are several cake recipes which can be used to bake cupcakes. Then, there are four vegan gourmet cupcake recipes! This includes vanilla bean, black bottom, chocolate-chip banana, and confetti cupcakes! Don’t those sound wonderful? Plus, they are all vegan!
There’s also a chapter on vegan frosting and a chapter on topping and fillings. This book is great for anyone who is a vegan and enjoys baking or someone who wants to try a new recipe just for fun. I appreciate the beginning of the book which discusses the benefits going vegan, some good substitutions in recipes, and more. Plus, the book is full of tips throughout the book. Overall, it’s a very nice and handy book.
WIN! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED!
2 readers will win a copy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Baking.
To enter: Tell me why you would like to win this book.
This entry is mandatory, if you do not do #1, you cannot do the “extra” entries. Comments like “enter me” will not be eligible!
For each extra entry please post an additional comment!
1. Follow me on Twitter (let me know your handle in a comment).
2. Tell others about this giveaway (Tweet, Digg, Stumble, email, forum, meme, blog it, Google Buzz, etc). You get one extra entry for each thing done.
3. Follow my blog and tell me (or tell me if you already are).
4. Subscribe to my blog’s feed and tell me (or tell me if you already do).
5. Add my blog button to your blog (leave blog link).
6. Comment on a non-giveaway post. (Come back and tell me which one.)
7. Add the Cupcake Event button to your blog.
Giveaway ends on June 12th at 11:59 pm EST.
The winner will be chosen via random number generator the next day and notified by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours of sending the winning email, I’ll pick another.
*Open to lower 48 US residents only.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of Vegan Baking. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.