I recently received a coupon for a free Pillsbury pizza crust. You need to stay tuned for a separate post with a review on the dough as well as special giveaway. In the mean time, I wanted to share this super easy recipe for pineapple bacon pizza that I created with my boyfriend this past weekend. It takes pizza to a different level that is not your regular pizza.
Pineapple Bacon Pizza
I will admit that my boyfriend planned this pineapple bacon pizza out. He enjoys combining interesting flavors, just to see what it tastes like. He regularly does this sort of thing. I never know what to expect when he’s in the kitchen. I always try whatever he cooks up… I tend to come up with baking ideas and he tries those. We love to be in the kitchen, we just have different interests. In turn, we both get to enjoy a wide variety of foods. It’s a good combination.
- Pillsbury Artisan Crust
- Turkey Bacon
- Can of Crushed Pineapple
- Jar of Pizza Sauce
- Package of Sliced Cheese
- Heat oven to 400. Grease a cookie sheet and unroll the dough onto it. Press to desired thickness.
- Prebake dough for 8 minutes.
- As the oven is preheating and the dough is prebaking, prepare the bacon and pineapple. Slice up the bacon into small pieces and fry until desired doneness. Saute the pineapple pieces until caramelized.
- Remove the dough from the oven and spread with pizza sauce. Then, add some cheese, followed by bacon and pineapple. Add more cheese as necessary.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes or until crust reaches a deep golden brown.
So, have you ever had pineapple bacon pizza? Do you think you will try it?
Disclosure: I received a free coupon for the pizza dough. The opinions expressed are my own.