We are already a week into the new year, so now is the time to find and download the resources you need to meet your New Year’s Resolutions, including this handy list of apps to keep you on track! This list has you covered, from counting calories to managing your finances. Plus, I know a couple of great devices from US Cellular that can help you out this year.
Disclosure: I am a Better Moments Blogger Brigade member and I am working with US Cellular to promote these devices.
Apps to Keep You on Track
I know that many people make resolutions to get healthier, get organized, or just to enjoy life more. Thanks to US Cellular’s service and devices, keeping those resolutions are easier than ever. For instance, using my GS4 (you can read my Samsung Galaxy S 4 review here), I can quickly and easily keep track of what I eat as well as what I need to buy at the store.
So, without futher ado, here’s my list of apps to keep you on track in the new year.
- MyFitnessPal can help you stick to your workout regimen and stay motivated as you improve your fitness and get in shape. The app helps you create personalized workout programs and delivers progress reports as you work towards your personal goals. It also has a database of over 3,000,000 foods to help monitor your caloric intake and daily diet. MyFitnessPal can also connect you to your friends so that you can encourage each other and provide extra motivation.
- Mint allows you to manage your finances. Looking to improve your money management? Mint analyzes your personal finance accounts and is a convenient way to track your spending, create budgets and start saving money. The app can even send you alerts regarding upcoming bills, unusual activity and low balances.
- Lose It! tracks your caloric intake and monitors your diet, helping you manage your weekly calorie budget and ensure that you are consuming the proper foods. It also integrates with sites such as Facebook and Twitter so you can stay updated on the progress your friends are making.
- Khan Academy is great for learning something new! Ever wonder exactly how the stock market works or simply feel the need to brush up on your math skills? Khan Academy features an extensive library covering mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, humanities, finance and history with easy to digest lessons taught by education experts. The app allows you to track your progress and earn badges while challenging yourself to become proficient in topics you might never thought you could have. I’ve been using this more often to help my students learn math from someone besides me and it works great on the iPad Air, which is also available from US Cellular.
- Skype an stay in touch. After the holidays conclude, staying in touch with family can be difficult. But video communication apps such as Skype help shorten the perceived distance between our friends and family and provide the opportunity to create better moments with them. Skype provides the ability to have a face-to-face conversation with someone, even if they are hundreds of miles away. Plus, it’s even more fun to use on a tablet from US Cellular.
So, what are your resolutions for 2014? Will you be using any apps to keep you on track this year?