I enjoy the holidays, I really do. I love the food and gift giving. I enjoy the downtime and relaxing with family. I look forward to the beautiful decorations and holiday festivities all year. However, I really don’t like the stress of it all. Thinking up the perfect gift for the men (boyfriend and dad) in my life is a hard task. I can get them what they ask for, but I usually like to give them at least a little surprise gift. Then, there’s deciding if I can afford everything this year. Not to mention, there’s the actual cooking, decorating, shopping, and getting ready for things. With all of this on my mind, it can be hard to sleep during the holiday season. Thankfully, I have a few tips for sleeping soundly during the holiday season.
* For starters, this year I have my awesome Serta Mattress. My iComfort mattress is so comfortable. It’s almost impossible not to fall asleep in it. The gel memory foam cushions my whole body so that I am comfortable the entire night. It conforms to my body and I hardly ever toss.
* You also need a comfortable pillow. I know how horrible I sleep if my pillow is too thin or thick.
* Get nice sheets. Something as simple as making the room look better can make me feel more relaxed. I’ve spent lots of time recently cleaning my room and making it look better. That makes me feel accomplished and less stressed, which helps me sleep better.
* Block it out. Get a sleep mask to block out the light or use a sound conditioner if you need to. Keep a pad of paper and a writing utensil near the bed if you think you will come up with a good present right before nodding off. Then, jot it down before you forget.
* Try not to think about it. Clear your mind before heading to bed. Do some yoga if you need to so that you aren’t up all night stressing about everything.
* Ask others. Don’t be afraid to ask others for help. I mean it is the season of giving.
* Say no. Don’t say yes to everything that comes your way. Take the time to actually enjoy this time of the year.
So, those are my tips for sleeping soundly during the holiday season. What are yours? Additionally, I wanted to let you know of a cool deal Serta is running right now until November 26th. It’s a Triple Bonus! You can save up to $400 off a Serta iComfort or iSeries mattress. Plus, you get 2 FREE Scrunch Pillows and a FREE luxury blanket. That would really help me get a good night’s rest during this colder time of the year.
Disclosure: I received a free mattress from Serta and compensation. The opinions expressed are my own.