You should be aware of the fact that I love Duncan Hines brand items. That’s why I happily accepted some free samples of their newest products – Frosting Creations. I used their new flavor to create some delectable Key Lime Pie Cupcakes. Look how green and pretty they turned out!
Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
These cupcakes are really easy to make. Plus, they look fun and bright for spring or perhaps some other holiday.
- 1 box of Duncan Hines snack size classic yellow cupcake mix
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Flavor Mix
- Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups into a cupcake pan.
- Mix dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into pan, fill cupcake cups ⅔ full.
- Bake cupcakes 21-24 minutes. While those are in the oven, remove foil seal and make a deep hole in the center of the frosting starter using a butter knife. Then, pour one entire packet of flavor mix into hole. Stir flavor mix into the frosting starter until evenly blended throughout.
- Prepare a pan of shredded coconut. Remove cupcakes from oven and allow them cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting. Place the pan of coconut in oven and allow coconut to become golden brown.
- Put frosting on cupcakes and top with coconut.
So, there you have it. My super easy and full of taste Key Lime Pie Cupcakes. What do you think of them? Will you be trying them or the newest products from Duncan Hines?
Disclosure: I received free samples of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations. No compensation was received. The opinions expressed are my own.